About the ACR Registry
The contracting of credits for purchase or retirement takes place directly between buyer and seller through over-the-counter (OTC) transactions outside of the ACR Registry system or on an approved, linked exchange platform. After a transaction takes place, the counterparties record the transfer of ownership or retirement of credits on the ACR Registry.
The use of a fully transparent registry system is fundamental to carbon market credibility. We ensure transparency by requiring that project registration and verification documents be made public. We ensure no double counting or double selling by serializing carbon credits and by linking to online credit issuance and retirement logs.
View public reports here:
- Retired Credits
- Issued Credits
- Canceled Credits
- Buffer Pool Account Balance
Opening an ACR
All project developers, validation/verification bodies (VVBs), traders, and retailers must have an ACR account. The process for opening an ACR account is initiated online, with supplemental documentation submitted via email. Each organization that applies for an account will create a single Account Manager login, which will be activated if the application is approved by the ACR Administrator. The named Account Manager will then be able to create additional logins for other account users as needed.
The steps involved in the Account Opening process are listed below. You can find all the ACR Registry account documents and the application forms within the steps below.
Please email ACR@winrock.org with any questions about this process and to submit new applications.
Steps to Take
The steps involved in the Account Opening process are outlined below.
This person must be specifically named and authorized to:
- Open the account
- Create additional account logins as needed for other users of the applicant organization’s account.
- Have access to all account activity.
Documentation of the individual’s authorization is provided to ACR in step 7 below using the appropriate template.
Get acquainted with the relevant documents at the start to better understand the process.
Start the process in our registry (opens in a new window). Select the appropriate account type for your organization and click the “Continue Registration” button.
- Project Developer: Account Holders who will submit projects for ACR registration and carbon credit issuance, with potential transactions and retirements.
- Corporate: Account Holders whose primary objective is to purchase and retire credits against their GHG footprint (same functionality as the transaction account type).
- Transaction: Account Holders who want to purchase, hold, transfer, and/or retire credits for themselves or on behalf of others.
- Custodial: Account Holders who operate external exchange, trading platform, auction platform, or other marketplace for the purpose of clearing or otherwise facilitating transactions of carbon credits to which they do not have title or ownership rights.
- Project VVB: Account Holders approved to serve as Validation/Verification Bodies.
You will be presented with an online Account Information screen. You must complete all required fields, which are noted by an asterisk (*). The email address entered for the Account Manager must be their own direct email address; group email addresses cannot be used. When complete, click “Submit.”
Note: The organization’s name, account type, city/state/country and website are publicly available after approval unless you mark the account as a Private Account. The Account Manager’s contact information will also be available to other current ACR Account Holders only unless you mark the account as a Private Account.
Upon submitting the Account Information form, the Account Manager will receive a New Account Request email. The Account Manager must validate the new account application profile using the unique link contained in the automatically generated email and the newly established login credentials.
Note: Do not use your browser’s “Back” button to view a previous screen during this process or information you enter may be lost.
If submitting a document in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Project Developer, Corporate Transaction, and Custodial account applicants must submit the following documents via email to ACR@winrock.org, using the subject line: “New Account Request – [Applicant Organization’s Name]”
- A completed New Account Application Form
- Account Manager Authorization: Using the Account Manager Authorization Template, a Board resolution or signed letter from a corporate officer stating that the applicant has chosen to open an ACR account and the Account Manager named on the application is duly appointed and authorized.
- Organizational Certificate: Required only for applicants that are not a publicly traded company, utility, or regulated financial institution: A certified copy of the applicant’s organizational certificate, e.g., Articles of Incorporation.
Validation/Verification Body (VVB) account applicants must submit an Application for Validation/Verification Body Approval and supplemental documentation named therein, as per the Verification page on our website.
The ACR Administrator will review the account application and supporting documentation. If the account application is complete and approved, an Account Approval email will be sent to the designated Account Manager at the email address provided. If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the ACR Administrator will notify the Account Manager. Applicants not approved will be notified via email.
Approved accounts may begin using all functions of the system available to their user type. The ACR Registry Operating Procedures provide users with a step-by-step guide to navigate and carry out actions on the Registry.
Upon account approval, Project Developer, Corporate, Transaction and Custodial accounts will be invoiced for the Account Opening Fee, per the ACR Fee Schedule. Once the invoice is created, an automatically generated email notification with payment details is sent to the Billing Contact. All invoices are available online to review/download/print via the “My Invoices” link under the “My Reports” section to the left when logged in to your account.