The ACR Standard establishes the level of scientific integrity that every project must meet in order for ACR to register its GHG emissions reductions and removals as tradable environmental assets.
We aim to make the Standard as flexible and usable as possible for Project Proponents while maintaining the environmental integrity and scientific rigor necessary to ensure that projects developed through associated methodologies are recognized as the highest quality, whether used for voluntary or regulatory compliance purposes.
Adherence to the ACR Standard, associated methodologies and verification requirements will ensure that project-based credits represent emissions reductions and removals that are real, additional, permanent, net of leakage, accurately and conservatively quantified, verified by a competent independent third party, and used only once.
The ACR Standard
The ACR Standard details our requirements and specifications for the quantification, monitoring, reporting, verification, registration and issuance of project-based GHG emissions reductions and removals as carbon credits.
Publication Date: 2023-07-01
The ACR Standard
This is the ACR Standards documentation archive.
All the Standards (from v1.0 onwards) can be found below:
- ACR Standard v1.0 | 2009
- ACR Standard v2.0 | 2010-02
- Summary of Changes from v2.0 to v2.1
- ACR Standard v2.1 | 2010-10
- Summary of Changes from v2.1 to v3.0
- Public Comments and Responses v2.1 to v3.0
- ACR Standard v3.0 | 2014-02
- Summary of Changes from v3.0 to v4.0
- ACR Standard v4.0 | 2015-01
- Summary of Changes from v4.0 to v5.0
- Public Comments and Responses v4.0 to v5.0
- ACR Standard v5.0 | 2018-02
- Summary of Changes from v5.0 to v5.1
- ACR Standard v5.1 | 2018-07
- Summary of Changes from v5.1 to v6.0
- ACR Standard v6.0 | 2019-07
- Summary of Changes from v6.0 to v7.0
- Public Comments and Responses v6.0 to v7.0
- ACR Standard v7.0 | 2020-12
- Summary of Changes from v7.0 to v8.0
- Public Comments and Responses v7.0 to v8.0